International Organization Focused on International Corporate Training located in Washington, DC is looking for a Program Manager. Salary: $55,000-70,000 plus benefits, depending on experience.
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for program management, development, implementation, monitoring, budget, and financial oversight of all programs focused on groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private and social sectors. Experience in cross-cultural engagement, combined with the ability to be innovative and drive opportunities, is a must for this position. Language proficiency in one of the following is required: Mandarin, French, Arabic, or Russian.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in program management, customer service, business development, as well as experience in strategy and partnership development with the private and social sectors. Candidate must have strong writing and presentation skills, excellent program management, and experience in content development and training.
In addition to regular program management responsibilities, the Program Manager will:
- Coordinate with senior staff and practice area leaders in program design and practice area process and service improvements;
- Manage Global Pro Bono programs, including travel arrangements and logistical support, partner selection and scope of work development, virtual pre-work facilitation, team facilitation, travel to target countries for program preparation and implementation, and reporting on program impact, including greenfield countries;
- Support senior staff in managing key client relationships;
- Review and prepare work plans, required reports (program and financial), and key correspondence sent to clients/donors;
- Capture and share success stories and lessons learned that strengthen employer’s existing and planned programs with organizations, partners, and stakeholders through social media and other avenues as appropriate;
- Identify sources of funding, new business opportunities, and potential partner organizations for new or existing programs as requested;
- Ensure financial and reporting compliances, including development and review of budgets with field and home office staff;
- Manage programs so that they are on time, on budget, and meet stakeholder needs and deliverable targets.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. employment authorization required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience, MA or MBA preferred
- Experience working with cross cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs Experience managing and mentoring junior staff
- Experience in public speaking and meeting/event facilitation
- Able to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Strong writing and organizational skills, attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service and client management skills
- Able to travel up to 30-40% to Africa, Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
- Language proficiency in one of the following: Mandarin, French, Arabic, or Russian.
- Overseas work experience, ability to work in teams and alone, demonstrated commitment to improving livelihoods.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to: Inquiries@GlobalProfessionalSearch.com
Job listing provided by Global Professional Search